Join the Treasure Island Camp Staff (TICS)
Who are we? TheFriends of Treasure Island (FTI) exists to ensure that untold thousands of Scouts experience the magic of Treasure Island (TI) in the future.
Join our mission to support our camp!
Volunteers are the core of any nonprofit organization. It is this way with Scouts BSA and it is “the only way” with FTI as we are an all-volunteer organization. Since “the rebirth of the national treasure”, that is TI, a core group of dedicated volunteers spearheaded this effort, in an operating alliance with Haubert Outdoor Oriented Adventure Hospitality (HOOAH), LLC and Treasure Island Outfitters (TIO), LLC. TI is open to Scouts BSA units, Order of the Arrow Lodges, and Chapters for no cost camping. Our focus is on improving the program opportunities we offer to our campers as well as continuing to improve the infrastructure and facilities of the island as a whole. To do this we need more volunteers to continue this effort. Here is where YOU come in. Read on, become a part of the magic, which is Treasure Island, and join this effort today.
In order to complete the FTI mission, we need a Camp Staff. You must apply and be accepted to become a member of the all-volunteer, weekend TICS.
A solid core TICS is required only during the scheduled Camping Weekends and Restoration Workdays. The TICS is critical in order to support and supervise the Scouts BSA operation. For those familiar with TI summer camp operations, the weekend staff performs program and logistics functions with more supervisory responsibility.
TICS members must commit to weekends during our scheduled season. Arrival is on Friday night and departure on Sunday afternoon. TICS members must come prepared to camp for the weekend.
The TICS will:
- Manage and support activities during Scouts BSA weekends.
- Commit to selected weekend staffing as a requirement for membership.
- Commit to cross training in order to create a high performing staff.
The TICS core competencies include:
- Operate and staff camp during Scouts BSA Camping Weekends, events, and other activity weekends.
- Provide program support, facilities management, and leadership, for all weekend Scouts BSA operations or functions.
- Provide, when required, leadership for conservation / service projects, and program management.
- Conduct opening and closing weekends to prep and close TIC for the program year
The TICS is an exclusive opportunity for YOU to be a part of “the rebirth of a national treasure” and bring the magic of Treasure Island to a new crop of Scouts and Scouters. If this is something that you want to do apply today to join our team.