Your tax-deductible donation goes directly to FTI for operation expenses for the camping weekends.
FTI operates and incurs the costs for these Boy Scouts of America, BSA camping weekends supporting the program for the units and campers exclusively. HOOAH, LLC allows us the use of the island, all facilities, and the barge at no charge for BSA units. We must be able to fully staff, run, and pay for our expenses such as gasoline for the barge and all program activities on the island.
FTI offers the following program opportunities:
- A ride to and from our island camp on one of our two barges
- Archery – minimal fee
- Ax throwing
- Canoeing – minimal fee
- Morning and evening flag ceremonies
- Leadership and skills training by doing
- The Goodman-Edson Museum
- The trading post and TI gear
- Making new friends and cementing old relationships
- Orienteering course
- Self-guided tours with our extensive history book
- Experiencing and embracing the “TI Spirit”
- Scouts Own Vespers Service
- Viewing the historic Lenape Grinding Stone
- Scouting Heritage Merit Badge – offered
- FTI Fieldcraft Academy – Bushcraft skills offered all day
- Cooking on wood fires
- Conservation projects led by our trained foresters
- Service projects as desired
- Saturday night campfire in the Ceremonial Grounds, wood smoke, songs, laughter, skits, cheers, and the possibility of Order of the Arrow Call Out
- Field Sports on the Parade Ground
- Walking in the footsteps of some of Scouting’s greatest people and experiencing the “magic”
Make a tax-deductible donation to FTI via the links on this page in any amount you choose or mail in a check. You can also become a Member of FTI by clicking on the Membership link at the top of the page.
FTI also needs specific Gifts-In-Kind, items for program and our restoration efforts, which can also be coordinated our donations team. Feel free to send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All transactions are handled by PayPal, a secure website. You will be redirected to that secure environment to complete your transaction.
Mail checks to:
Friends of Treasure Island
c/o Al Tomaselli
P.O. Box 486
Gilbertsville, PA 19525